Geoblink is a VC-backed tech startup that brings location intelligence to the next level combining data, analytics and visualization.
The company and its advisors is formed by top talent, including people with degrees from University of Chicago, MIT or Stanford, who worked in companies such as McKinsey, Dropbox, Microsoft or HP.
Our headquarters are located in Madrid, Spain.
- Lead a team of data scientists in a challenging and fast-evolving environment
- Coordinate strategy between the Product Owner and the data science team
- Develop algorithms to estimate new socio-economic & commercial variables
- Create statistical models to predict retail performance based on multiple sources of data
- Data-mine new sources of data
- An advanced degree in one or more areas relevant to data, statistics, or computer science. PhD is strongly preferred.
- Strong academic or work experience in related fields
- Solid grounding in applied mathematics and statistics including expertise in a broad range of techniques, such as: Bayesian modelling, logistic regression, multivariate regression, machine learning, cluster analysis, decision trees, spatial analysis, forecasting, Markov chains, and data visualization.
- Programming experience (Python, R)
- Experience in relational/no relational databases
- Plus: Experience working in Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, etc)
- Plus: Experience working with geolocated data/spatial analysis
- Strong problem solving skills
- Proactive attitude
- Quick learner
- Capacity to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Team spirit
- Ability to work in an English environment
- Competitive, results-based compensation
- Possibility to receive Employee Stock Options
- 22 vacation days and 14 public holidays per year
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment
- Work with a team of talented people
- Great team atmosphere
- Dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- Possibility to create a real impact