BiomeMakers, a US/Spain biotech startup using next-gen rapid DNA sequencing to analyse microbiological ecology for the wine industry, is looking for a front-end developer to join our growing team.
The best candidate will have very strong design and UX skills, while also being a capable front-end engineer and at least mildly comfortable across the stack. Experience with data visualization or mobile app development is a strong plus.
As one of the early front-end team members, you will have a strong influence on the look and feel of our product.
● Strong design skills & mastery of CSS
● UX/UI skills/experience
● Familiarity with PHP/Laravel (or similar framework)
● Professional level English language ability (bilingual English/Spanish candidates preferred)
● Data visualization experience (e.g. d3)
● Front-end map application development experience (e.g. mapbox-gl)
● Comfort with full-stack development (e.g. rest API design, SQL database integrations, etc.
● Good organizational ability, self-starting spirit
● If remote, ability to work independently while maintaining regular contact and good ties with central team
● Willingness to spend some time in Spain with core development team
● Working permit in US or Spain