CartoDB is changing the way maps are made by building the easiest and most powerful data mapping engine ever.
The amount of location-based data is exploding, and from biodiversity to transportation to marketing, people around the world are using CartoDB to visualize their data and make better decisions. We have more than 180,000 loving users (growing rapidly) and customers around the world, and have received awesome reviews from key tech and startup media like Techcrunch, GigaOM, and TNW.
We’re looking for an experienced individual to identify and immediately follow up with hot leads, monitor lead activity and relevant lead conversion activities, and report on progress. You will also manage key F500 accounts to follow a comprehensive land-and-expand strategy, building rapport with business users, understanding their needs and creating matching proposals.
This position is based in our Brooklyn, NY office, and significant travel is required.
- Engage and follow-up with established leads, as well as seek out and develop new relationships
- Increase the sales pipeline
- Qualify existing prospects via online databases and outbound calling
- Educate clients about the benefits of our solutions in order to drive new business
- Represent CartoDB at live events (digital marketing, tradeshows, etc.)
- Proactively provide a thorough understanding of the company’s products, plans, and services
- Contribute to and help develop new marketing plans/campaigns
- Collaborate and strategize with marketing and sales managers on the effectiveness of different messages and campaigns
- Create a superior prospect experience that sets the stage for future sales by navigating to key decision-makers, identify needs, generate interest, qualify, and close
- 4+ years of experience as part of a high-impact sales team within the value-based software/SaaS/Cloud arena
- A genuine interest in sales, SaaS, and data visualization solutions
- Ability to learn quickly and provide detailed solution information to prospects and clients
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, oral, and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- A self-starter attitude with excellent time-management skills
- Most of all, you must be data driven, smart, and eager to learn!
- Competitive, results-based compensation
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment
- Regular involvement in the mapping and tech communities—we host lots of events and organize code sprints, and last year >80% of our team spoke at conferences
- 22 vacation days plus 12 holidays
- Bright, comfortable office, stocked with snacks and good coffee
- To be part of one of the coolest and fastest-growing startups and work in global projects that are changing the world.
Most importantly, we offer the chance to help build a wildly successful company that puts the power of mapping in the hands of basically everyone.